Founder & Creative Director Derick Muller – A Short Biography
- Derick started his tertiary education studying Law at Stellenbosch University. After two years he transitioned to Film Directing at City Varsity.
- In 2007, he published his first novel – Vuil Skottelgoed – after it won a national writing competition. The novel subsequently went on to be nominated for the M.E.R. Youth Novel of the Year Award.
- During that time he also worked as technical producer, offline editor and camera operator for World Report Media, which produced a television program on investment opportunities in Africa for CNBC Europe; and filmed productions in Senegal, Rwanda, South Africa, Cape Verde Islands, Ethiopia and Namibia.
- In 2009, with the vision of gaining experience in advertising, he started working as proof-reader and copywriter for two renowned advertising agencies in Cape Town – BBDO Cape Town and Ninety9Cents.
- In March 2011, he founded The Suits Communications – the Cape Town based boutique advertising agency & production house – creating integrated national marketing campaigns for clients in the fashion, new media, publishing, financial services, luxury and travel industries.
- In 2015, he founded Ambassadeur – an annual South African art, literature and travel journal. Most notable is the novel fashion editorials he conceptualised and photographed for Gucci.
- In 2016, he completed his Master’s Degree in Creative Writing, passing his dissertation with distinction.
- In 2017, he completed his Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business
- In 2018, he extended his MBA studies with a six month international exchange at Yale University’s School of Management
- In 2020, he produced, wrote and directed his first feature film, “Wesens.”